Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekly Pink Goes Green Tip

While you are on the search for safer makeup, be careful not to be green washed by the labels.  Here are some labels to watch out for, thanks to Consumer Reports:

Organic:  There are no regulations for using the words "Organic" on a makeup label, unless it is a USDA label
Natural:  Same for "Natural."  It means nothing on the bottle.
Unscented:  "Unscented" does not necessarily mean "Fragrance-free,"  as manufacturers sometimes add fragrance as masking agents.

Here is the a website called Skin Deep, which allows you to search your makeup to see if there are any hazardous ingredients in the product.  I use this website to search the makeup I use to know if I am using eco-friendly makeup or not.  If not, I look at other makeup options on the website that would be better for my health and the environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment